Preparing Your Quilt Top
- The better your quilt is prepared, the better the finished result will be.
- It is not necessary to layer, baste or pin the quilt top, batting or backing fabric together.
- Please consider the following as you prepare you quilt for quilting:
- Please clip all hanging threads and press quilt top & backing.
- Mark what you consider to be the top edge of your quilt top and backing fabric with a safety pin.
- Select backing fabric with thread color in mind. I have found the best choice for backing is 100% cotton fabric.
- The backing fabric should be a minimum of 4” larger than the quilt top on all four sides.
- All extra pieces will be returned to you.